Thursday, April 19, 2012

GLEE--MUST READ AND SEE!!!

I know I have begged you all to watch Glee, to give it a chance because of the acceptance that this show is promoting to the youth of our country. I think it's a show parents and teens should watch together to open the doors of discussion.

Well, I don't have cable anymore, it was that or the internet and my bff Google would miss me too much, and I'd miss you all too much so I picked internet. So I watch my "tv" shows mostly at Hulu. Hulu plus is less than 10.00 per month if you can't wait a few days to see the shows when they go free for regular folks, and some shows are Hulu plus exclusive (um, it's worth it btw). So now that I have freely advertised for the man, let me tell you about this week's episode.

They had a Male to Female transgender teen on an episode.

If you are looking for an opening, and anyone in your house is a fan of the show, I highly suggest you watch the whole episode. The whole T thing rocked these little accepting kids' world. I am so glad they let Alex star in the song like this. I'm going to be honest, I don't know if he is actually transgender. I watched the show the Glee Project where he won the opportunity to be in some episodes and he himself prettied up for some performing... he said it was for the song he chose, but I wasn't sure. I'm still not, I can't know what's in his heart. But I know that he never came to life with his marvelous voice dressed in drab like he did in drag. The creator of the show, Ryan Murphy was so impressed when this young boy came out and performed pretty, and he mentioned that he had been wanting to introduce a transgendered character to the show. I was sure this was at least another season off. I was wrong.

Here's the clip of the performance by : Unique (which is what the male character in the show wanted his femme character to be named)
Warning: The leader of the group that Unique was singing for had no idea that it wouldn't be Wade... he didn't know anything about Unique and he tried to get her to stop performing. But she doesn't. :)


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot!