Monday, February 27, 2012

A New Year, New Things

I'm having another therapy appointment tomorrow. It's just my third visit. I think it helps, and it's always good to have an impartial third party to discuss things with! I wasn't sure I would like it at first. The other two times I had near panic attacks thinking of going... and my stress level grew as the day and time of the appointment approached. Today was when I noticed I wasn't getting all freaked an nervous like normal.

It made me smile to realize that. I have a list of things to go over in my "hour." I have confidence she'll be able to give me pointers on some things I feel like I can't control. I have no problem showing emotions, and I try to show them at "appropriate" times and places but sometimes it just comes out. I let it. It's good. I'm having a lot of good days and people at work tell me it's ok to be upset if I need to, but I know that :).

And the animals help. They give so much unconditional love. Working in the kennel and in treatment I get to ride the roller coaster frequently. Routine surgery, emergency surgery, other procedures that do and don't mean life or death. New puppies and kittens. Saying goodbye to patients I know almost as well as my own pets. It's a great place to help you become well adjusted emotionally if you weren't before.  Well, maybe not, but it's great. Sometimes the days are really hard, but the other people there and I try to all take care of one another. If someone can't handle something, we take turns, step in, step up, take over or hug them.

I love working with the animals, and the others who care for them as well.

I wish you all love and support both online and off.

You all deserve it.

If you ever need me, I'm only an email away.

HUGS!

1 comment:

  1. There is a movie I loved called "Being There". "Chance, the gardener" becomes "Chauncy Gardner" but never loses a childlike innocence and trust in the world.

    Sadly, most of us are way too complicated to ever achieve any sort of innocence, or blind trust in anything, or anyone.

    It may become a personal goal to let go, and manage to become a someone who can trust at least one other person and give them the sort of unconditional love you find in those animals.

    Thank you for the invitation Aeify, and the same goes for me ~ only an email away ~ big hug!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot!