Monday, February 27, 2012

My Weekend "Trip" LOL

So this weekend was supposed to be my exciting snowy trip to Chicago. Apparently, I wasn't meant to go after all. A high school friend (and when I say friend read this as a man that I am not remotely attracted to in any single way, but he is fun to pal around with so this would be a STRICTLY platonic trip to have a fab time, could only be better if he were gay kind of trip) bought my tickets so I could fly over to visit. I got off work early Thursday so I could go home (last minute pack due to checking the weather about a billion times), get ready for travel, eat lunch with a girlfriend and then drive 3 hours to catch a plane (yes, we have an airport here, but the savings on the ticket was amazing so I told him I'd fly out of a nearby town...yes I consider 3 hours nearby, I grew up in the COUNTRY lol.)

The weather had been calling for snow on Friday and as I LOVE snow and it snowed both after my lovely Penny passed and my darling dog... I took that it was to snow in the Windy City as a sign that I was right to be going there... then the weather changed. The forecast became snow on Thursday and flights started being delayed, then as I got to the counter to check in at the airport, my flight was cancelled. Since I'm not a veteran flyer by any means, I didn't know what to do so I asked the nice person at the ticket counter and he  explained to me that I COULD come back Friday first thing and try to get on standby, but to be honest I'd probably be there all day, and the first flight I could get my ticket changed to was Saturday (and I was supposed to fly home Sunday so....)

Then I went about finding a place to spend the night somewhere closer than 3 hours away. I wound up driving a bit further north to Hopkinsville, KY to stay with an online friend at his parent's house, and then driving back to Memphis on Friday. The drive back was really lovely and I had lots of phone company for my drive which made it even nicer. I got permission to go in to work on Saturday to make up some of the time I was supposed to be gone and it was nice. Not too busy and not too slow. Then I went to a friend's housewarming here and that was nice as well.

It was a good thing I didn't go to Chicago, even though they didn't get the snow they expected. Things have a way of working out, if you just read the signs in front of you.
I tried to finish my canvas project yesterday and it took an unexpected turn. It is looking fab to me, but needs one more step or two before I will share it...

I'm so very excited!

Hugs,
Aeify

4 comments:

  1. So I noticed you start a LOT of your posts with the same word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you did! :) I'll try to work on that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a trip is gonna work out one of these days!

    You keep getting closer to me. Made it to the right state this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot!