Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reach out and touch someone...

Not claiming to be an expert here, but it seems that quite a few ladies out there have either no SO or an SO who doesn't know about/wishes your femme self didn't exist. Whomever you are, you are NOT ALONE. There are so many of you out there, and even if I haven't met you in person, my heart hangs heavy for you. If I have met you and you are my friend then I am so sad for you. Not that you are a sad person with a sad life... but that you feel stuck. Stuck in a place where you are afraid to leave the life you know for one that is unknown.
I am not advocating divorce here, but would just love to force all those confused/frustrated couples out there to talk, really talk and listen (yes even more than talk to one another, listen to what your partner has to say). I am not saying there won't be tough compromises, but I expect that far more of you would give into any whim of your partner far more than the partner will give in to be a part of your femme self.
Yes (I'm pretending to be Oprah and be every woman here) some women will have a hard time with the idea. They may even wonder other "things" like does this make me a lesbian? Do you still desire me even when you're in a dress? Where did you learn to apply your makeup so skillfully and wtf your eyelashes are to DIE FOR!!!

Anyway, just know that if you EVER need a shoulder, I will listen (or read your email). I give every question an honest answer (really, I feel at this point it's hard for me to say any of my answers apply to "typical" women because I'm apparently atypical.)

Hugs

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your tender heart, loving honesty and for being atypical.

    Sweet thoughts for you,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful and heartwarming post. It is comforting to know that you are who you are and how generous a spirit you have.
    While everyone is different and we all find ourselves in different circumstances there is a form of strength in knowing that we are not alone.
    Thanks.
    pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot!