Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The thing about Glee...

Ok, so this is gonna be about a tv show. (Really) Do you watch Glee? Penny hates all the processing that goes on with the vocals and I don't really like that part either. There weren't enough people interested in having a glee club when I was in school, so we didn't. We had a HUGE drama club and really only performed musicals so that was our compromise.
Anyway last week's episode of Glee really, really touched my heart. It's called Furt and I dare you to watch it and not cry. I have watched the show since it's beginning, and so I do know all the deets about their character stories, but you don't need any of that to enjoy this show. It's all about total acceptance and the end of the show makes me sob like an idiot. To see people the age of the Glee cast open up and totally accept Kurt (he's gay, not a crossdresser but still). And to see his father treat him so well. It was really touching. The episode is available on Hulu. Seriously, take 25 minutes of your life, watch it and if you don't think it was worth it just to see all that acceptance thrown around and then think about how popular this show is and how all that acceptance just oozed into households all over that may have never even considered this themselves.
It really humbles me to think of it.
What about you?

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot!