Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meetups, Soirees and Swaps, OH MY!

I've now been to a few more clothing swaps, both with Meg and by myself. I've gone to some other meetup type group things alone, I'm working the job of my dreams, I've started to establish some real friendships here. All this is very, very exciting to me. I am happy. Really, really happy. My life here is peaceful and calm.
I loved my old job, but there was always a ton of drama that had NOTHING to do with my actual job there and it's just not present at my current place.

This weekend is another Soiree and I was asked to be the official/unofficial photographer and I LOVE having a job to do so... that suits me well!

I have to say that it also feels really good to be somewhat more involved with other members of the T community. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's nice to know there are places where everyone feels like they can really get out and be themselves. I am hopeful that with this group encouragement more people will get out of their "safe" places and mix about at other times.

When I was making plans to move here, I thought I'd be spending more time in the DC area, but I'm happily exploring NOVA and finding so much I like to do around here that I haven't really made it back to DC yet. I'm in no hurry, DC will still be there when it starts to get warmer and I can't wait to explore there when the weather is nice for taking long walks outside :).

1 comment:

  1. The support that you and Meg provide for one another is inspiring. It is also inspiring for those of us who have never met you and who may never meet you to know that there are folks like you who see peoplle for the wholenss of who they are. Just knowing that folks like you are out and about help folks like us get out and about.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot!